Terms and Conditions
Hoya Staffing - Department of Human Resources
1. I understand that it is my responsibility to submit accurate, complete time sheets to Hoya Staffing by the weekly deadline. I understand that I will be paid only for actual hours worked and that lunch breaks are unpaid.
2. I understand that Hoya Staffing is my employer; therefore any questions or concerns regarding my employment or assignment will be directed first to my Hoya Staffing supervisor and then, if necessary, to my assignment supervisor.
3. I understand that my employment is at-will and may be terminated by me or by Hoya Staffing at any time without notice or cause. I understand that employment with Hoya Staffing should not be considered as an implied or explicit guarantee of employment or as a personal contract. Hoya Staffing retains all its rights and privileges to hire, transfer, terminate, and otherwise manage the terms and conditions of my employment.
4. I will carry out the assignments that I have accepted and report to work on the dates and times agreed upon. I will notify my Hoya Staffing supervisor and my assignment supervisor at least one half hour ahead of time if I will be unable to report to work at the assigned time. I understand that excessive tardiness or frequent absenteeism may be grounds for discipline, up to and including dismissal.
5. I will adhere to the applicable policies and procedures of Georgetown University while employed by Hoya Staffing, including H.R. Policy No. 401 (Professional Conduct), and of the policies of the department where I am assigned. I will adhere to the dress code policy of each department and project a professional appearance at all times.
6. I understand that I will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and, depending upon the nature of my assignment, I may be required to consent to a background check as a condition of my employment.
7. It is my responsibility to inform Hoya Staffing of my availability for work assignments. If I do not follow this procedure, I may not be called for any assignment and my employment with Hoya Staffing may be terminated.
8. I will make a reasonable effort to respond to requests for me to work; however I understand that I am not guaranteed any hours of work.
9. I understand that, as a Hoya Staffing employee, I am only eligible for the limited benefits offered to Hoya Staffing employees.
10. I may be paid holiday pay when an official University holiday occurs, provided that I am previously scheduled to work that day. However, to receive this payment, I must work my regularly scheduled hours and days preceding and following the holiday.
11. I may be eligible to accrue paid leave. I understand that I will not begin to accrue paid leave until I have worked 960 hours in a twelve month period without a break in service (termination or resignation of employment is considered a break in service). Additional information about paid leave can be found in H.R. Policy No. 602 (Paid Leave for Staff).
12. I will make an effort to give two weeks notice to my Hoya Staffing supervisor in the event of my resignation from Hoya Staffing or a change in my employment status to a regular classified position at Georgetown University.
13. If I am offered and accept a position classified as regular, temporary, term, or AAP at Georgetown University, I understand that I will be given a new start date and that my salary will be determined in accordance with existing hiring salary guidelines.
14. Any violation of the above terms and conditions may result in immediate termination.
15. I understand that the University Human Resources Department reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
By signing below, I indicate that I have read and understand the above terms and conditions of my employment with Hoya Staffing. I acknowledge that any violation of these terms and conditions can result in termination.